Friday, February 18, 2011

Jason's New Hobby

I have been wanting to buy a remote control car for awhile now but have been putting it off, until Uncle Sam decided he wanted to give us back some of the taxes we paid in 2010.  So today I went to HobbyTown U.S.A. and after talking to the guys there came home with this 1/10 scale TRAXXAS Slash 4x4 Mark Jenkins Edition.

Right out of the box it can do 35+MPH and with the change of the gear pinion that is included it can do 40+MPH.  Another upgrade with the gear pinion and battery and it can get up to 60+MPH.  This will happen very soon!  For now I will just get used to driving it at 35+MPH.  Definately a lot quicker then the car I raced with my dad when I was teenager.


There are a few body styles pictured below.  I like the Jerry Whelchel version but they didn't have it there.  The three options I had were the Mark Jenkins Edition (which I bought), Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg Edition and the Greg Adler Edition.


There is a public track around the corner that the boys and I will be hitting tomorrow morning to test out the car.  I am positive they will want one after seeing how much fun dad is gonna have!  The staff at HobbyTown said there is plans to run some events this year and will have a class specifically for these cars which is one of the reasons I decided on this one.  If it doesn't happen then hopefully I can find some races in Colorado to attend.


Here are some videos I found on YouTube.



No comments:

Post a Comment