Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Madilynn / Mommy Update #1

After a rough first 24 hours or so Marsha is finally starting to feel better.  She was able to eat some dinner and hopefully can get a full night sleep tonight.

For those that don't know, Madilynn had to be transferred to The Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado after she started having some breathing problems late Monday night.  The Pediatric Doctor in Cheyenne examined her and determined somehow the passageway in her nose that allows her to breathe is obstructed somehow.  After consulting with the experts in Denver it was decided to take her there.  They picked here up and left around 3:00 PM, which was very rough on mommy because she has to stay in the hospital in Cheyenne.  I made it down to Denver about an hour after she did and will be staying here with her.  I can pretty much stay with her in here room/area 24 hours a day and keep her company although tonight they hooked me up with a private area so I can get some sleep.  I guess I looked pretty rough or something.  The Peds Doctor in Cheyenne said she was in no real danger right now and that it is better to get this looked at now then later when it could be trouble.  She has been poked and prodded so much today, I feel so bad for her.  Hopefully she can get some rest tonight too!


The kids were real sad they didn't get to see Madilynn today before she left but hopefully she will be home real soon so they can spend some time with her.  Marsha's mom Judy is staying with them tonight so they can go to school tomorrow and not miss anymore days.


As soon as I know more I will keep everyone updated.  The support we have received from the Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, my work, family, friends and now The Children's Hospital has been phenomenal and we appreciate it so much.  The Cheyenne Regional Medical Center even gave me $
60.00 worth of Visa gift cards to help with the gas expense for the trip down.

Thank-you to everyone for the well-wishes, thoughts and prayers, they mean a lot to Marsha and I. We love everybody and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment