Saturday, November 6, 2010

Blue, You're My Boy!

Before we moved to Cheyenne we promised the kids (mostly Kaylee) that we would get a puppy.  They missed having dogs, we had Simon (RIP) and Belle (RIP) when we lived in Albuquerque but unfortunately they didn't live long enough to make the move with us to Cheyenne.  So last week Marsha and I visited the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and saw a few potential dogs to adopt but they were adult dogs for the most part.  There were a few dogs out getting check-ups so we planned to go back later in the week.  A week ago Friday, on my way home from work I decided to make a quick stop to see if there were any new dogs and I came across a 10-month Beagle named Blue.  I visited with him for awhile and it only took a few minutes to decide to adopt him.  I knew that if I left to pick up Marsha to get her opinion that Blue may be gone when I get back as there was a couple looking at him.  So Blue jumped in the Tahoe with me and away we went.  Marsha and the kids were surprised and Blue is now part of the family.  He has been a pretty good dog with only one accident in the house (in the first 15 minutes) and one chewed hat (Marsha's Nike hat).  We got him plenty of chew toys so hopefully he will leave our stuff alone.  We kept his name Blue because he already knew it, if he didn't have a name I think he would have been named "Buster" after Buster Posey of the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants.  Buster, you're my boy doesn't sound as good though!


Kaylee and Blue coming down the stairs.
Blue after a long first day.
Blue with some of his toys.
And remember as the great Bob Barker would say, "Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered."

No comments:

Post a Comment